Manasota Weavers Guild is dedicated to the preservation and advancement of the fiber arts. Through monthly meetings and special workshops, we offer our members the opportunity to increase their knowledge and skills. We offer community outreach programs which promote awareness and appreciation of the fiber arts. The Guild welcomes and offers instruction to new weavers and spinners.
Membership in the Guild is open to anyone interested in the arts of loom weaving, tapestry, spinning, knitting, basketry and related fiber arts.
Managing Board (2023-2024):
- President – Cindy Hoorn
- Vice-President – Amy Weissenfluh
- Secretary – Linda Leparulo
- Treasurer – Susan Baker
- Immediate Past President – Clara Carroll
Standing Committee Chairs (2023-2024):
- Asset Manager – Linda Leparulo
- Communications Manager – Clara Carroll
- Educational Scholarships – Ann Gulesian & Rhonda Altman
- Librarian – Susan Ott
- Membership – Norma Coupland
- Newsletter Editor – Krissy Seel
- Outreach/Learn to Weave – Jana Catuccio
- Programs – Robyn Becker
- Workshop Chairperson – Becky Kobos
Other Committees (non-voting):
- Donations – Jozette Stubbe
- FTWG Rep – Robyn Becker
- Guild Challenge Coordinator – Jill Leggio
- Social Media – Linda Leparulo
- Sunshine – Pam Smith
- Webmaster – Pam Rathmell
- MWG Bylaws – our governing document
- MWG Policies – the rules we live by
- MWG Job Descriptions – officers & appointed chairs/managers
Manasota Weavers Guild is a non-profit organization conforming to IRS regulations as a 501(c)3 qualified organization.
As such, the Guild may accept donations of fiber-related items which may be tax-deductable. Please contact the Donations Committee if you are interested in donating such items as looms, spinning wheels, or similar. The Guild is also happy to receive donations of clean yarn and small weaving/spinning accessories. Donated items may be sold by the Guild, with a portion of the proceeds earmarked for the MWG Scholarship Fund. Please note that the Donations Committee decisions regarding acceptance of donations on behalf of the Guild are final.
The Manasota Weavers Guild received the Gavel Award from the Sarasota Herald Tribune for its work in public education. Individual members have also received awards for their work from various state and national associations.